Rapidly Growing Highlands‐based IT Company Moves to Inverness

June 2011. sfG Software, which only started trading in February 2010, has grown so much that it needs to move to larger premises. It is now based at The Green House in Inverness.

sfG Software, a local IT support and development company, was established just over a year ago. Since it started trading, there has been a great response to sfG’s offering of providing a ‘giant’ service to its customers while delivering all the benefits you would expect from a ‘small and friendly’ company. Its customers include local Highland businesses from tourism companies to charities.

sfG Software has chosen to move from Alness to bigger premises in Inverness as this gives the added benefit of being able to provide the real ‘up‐the‐road’ support you would expect from a ‘small and friendly’ company. Although around 85% of IT support problems can be resolved remotely, that still leaves 15% of problems that can only be solved by a visit to the customer’s site and these situations are often where a support engineer is needed urgently at short notice. What’s worse is that many IT companies charge extra for these on‐site visits. sfG Software believes that by basing itself in Inverness it can be even closer to the majority of its customers, and it doesn’t charge extra for on‐site visits. As Harry Hornby, Managing Director of Eagle Consulting, said: “We are thrilled that sfG Software will be closer to us. Our systems support is
already excellent and now we know that if we need urgent on‐site support then it’s just up the road.”

David Garvie, sfG’s Managing Director said: “We have been delighted by the response we’ve had to our fresh approach and we are very excited by our new home in The Green House. While our new base will now be Inverness, with team members living in Tain, Aviemore and Beauly we are well placed to ensure our outlying customers are catered for too.”

sfG Software’s customer base is continually expanding and the company is currently recruiting to meet this need.
‐ ENDS ‐
For further information, contact David Garvie at sfG Software on 01463 630200 or david@sfgsoftware.com

Note to Editors
sfG Software provides IT support and software development services to businesses in the Highlands and beyond. It delivers server and desktop support, disaster recovery and backup expertise and hardware procurement to companies of all sizes. Based in Inverness, sfG Software is your ‘small friendly Giant’, providing a ‘giant’ service to its customers while delivering all the benefits you would expect from a ‘small and friendly’ company. The ‘giant’ extras include things like out of hours support and service level agreements tailored precisely to the customer’s needs. Through building partnerships with its customers, sfG Software ensures that they have the best supported IT network possible and the most effective and useable software applications.


Do you have a support code?
Enter it here: